Business Relationship Manager
Business Relationship Manager
The Business Relationship Manager will be responsible for deposit sales and loan production activities that extend to commercial clients including meeting all their business and personal banking needs ( example: commercial, residential or consumer credit, or a any combination thereof etc.). The Business Relationship Manager will ensure customer satisfaction through good customer service and needs based selling. Selling objectives will be met by identifying customer needs and explaining bank products and services, cross selling as appropriate. In addition, this position will be responsible for adhering to the Bank's sales and service management system.
QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Type and Length of Experience ─ At least 7-10 years experience in retail and commercial banking. Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written. Must be a proven team player. Strong knowledge of operations and bank and financial products and services. Able to adapt to a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the bank's hours and promotions. Must attend work on time and be capable of withstanding varying degrees of stress.
• Education ─ Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related area or equivalent experience are the minimum requirements.
• Courses or Training ─ Significant training in current banking products and sales. Must be computer literate. Working knowledge of general lending procedures, financial statement analysis, and the credit decision process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interviews applicants for commercial loans.
• Sales ─ Cross sell Bank products and services.
• Screens loan requests for all types of loans. Presents requests to management and loan committee when the proposed loan is beyond departmental lending authority.
• Recommends loan terms and conditions.
• Manages large or complex commercial loans, as needed, and counsels loan customers on loan management and beneficial financial strategies.
• Directs and implements business development activities, such as customer calls or prospects.
• Makes recommendations to management on product improvements or changes.
• Ensure Quality Customer Service ─ Provide feedback to staff and management regarding customer service issues and will adhere to the Bank's customer service standards.
• Referrals ─ Make appropriate referrals to further the bank mission and profitability.
• Counsel Customers ─ Achieve customer service and sales objectives by explaining bank products and services to business customers; identifying needs and cross selling as appropriate. Be proficient in all areas of lending. Ensure the customers' needs are always met, while displaying a genuinely friendly attitude.
• Relationship Servicing- Service customer needs on all bank products including the most complex services and transactions. Minimize referring customer to another department or individual for resolution. Requires in-depth knowledge of bank data system.
• Represents the Bank and provides leadership in community activities.
The employee will occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit, talk, and listen. Employee will write, type and operate office equipment. The employee will frequently stand and walk. The employee will occasionally reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. Vision requirements include close, distant, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. The sound level in the work environment is usually moderate.